3DPMiniatures

• cbr3d.com saying Hi. :)

• For all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here along with any questions about the forums
For all new members. Please post an introduction and tell us about yourself here along with any questions about the forums
 #112  by cbr3d.com
 Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 am
Just a quick post to say 'Hi' to everyone.

Just as an intoduction we are a husband and wife team. I am 'Bill' (the short, fat, bald one - the one who normally creates mayhem on crowd funding campaigns, facebook pages, oh yes and forums :D) , my wife Chris is the sensible one who tries her best to keep me under control 99.9% of the time and in reality is known for some strange reason by the nom de plume as 'The Boss'. :o

We have been 3d printing now for a couple of years, in which time we have made the normal mistakes and errors that most newbies make, hopefully we have learned from these, though it is always a case of that only applying until the current print or at best the next print. And of course with such a great subject such as 3d printing we are still learning the ropes and intricasies of the subject, something that will undoubtedly never change.

Our 'main' interests in 3d printing are in the area of wargaming and modelling, and especially different types of terrain. We are also learning the magical arts of 3d designing for printing to incorporate into our hobby some of our own designs. (Good thing I am almost bald already or otherwise I would at times be pulling my hair out. :) )

Currently we are building our own website (hence the name ;) ) which we hope to go live this summer.

Our present machines are 'Original Prusa i3 Mk2's' and 'Cel-Robox's'.

Looking forward to being an active and hopefully not too disruptive member of this forum.
 #120  by Devil Ray
 Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:36 pm
Hi CBR3D, nice introduction and good that you are here. I'm pretty new myself.
Did you also find this forum through the printable scenery kickstarter?
 #122  by cbr3d.com
 Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:54 pm
Hi Devil Ray,

Yes I am like you and found out about this forum from Matt's post in the comments section of the 'Time Warp' kickstarter. :)

I think a forum like this could well be great for backers of such kickstarters to keep in contact on and discuss 3d printing etc., hopefully a lot more will join.
 #123  by Devil Ray
 Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:41 pm
you are right cbr3d.com. Such a forum is a great place to keep contact and excange experiances.
Like you I also hope that a lot of the people from he 'Time Warp' kickstarter will come over here.
At the moment its rather emty and sadly only very few active members
 #124  by krouton3
 Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:58 am
welcome ive been using 3d printing for cosplay but after i finish moving i will be doing some more d&d and warhammer 40k type of stuff with it